August 9, 2018 - 12:00 am
August 12, 2018 - 12:00 am
Event has been moved. Details will follow.
The SoSC06 mission is to give engaged, dynamic science teachers the opportunity to display their best methods of teaching scientific topics, engage in pedagogical discussions, and network with colleagues from across Canada and internationally.
Date to be determined:
What kind of educator can participate? Any educator who…
- Is from the formal and informal education fields (for a definition see FAQ)
- Applies with learners of any age (K-adults) cool activities related to education in science, technology, engineering, environment, and mathematics (ESTEEM). The activities can last 5 minutes to months. Size has no importance. The positive effects do greatly.
- Will present a stand with his or her project during the two days event
- Will attend all the activities during the event
What is the selection process for participant to SoSC5?
The proposed activity must be:
- Foster learners’ engagement in science.
The activities must be submitted. SoSC will be able to provide letters requesting funding for teachers needing assistance to attend.
- Fill in SoSC’s registration form (see Registration form)
- The selection committee will chose educators for funding, and educators. Educators will at once be advised of their status.
- If you are selected you will be required to pay a $50 nonrefundable deposit to hold your spot.
- Your deposit will go towards the $275 registration.