August 9, 2018 - 12:00 am
August 12, 2018 - 12:00 am
The SoSC06 mission is to give engaged, dynamic science teachers the opportunity to share their teaching scientific topics, engage in pedagogical discussions, and network with colleagues from across Canada and internationally.
Date: August 9-12th
What kind of educator can participate? Any educator who…
- Is from the formal and informal education fields (for a definition see FAQ)
- Applies with learners of any age (K-adults) cool activities related to education in science, technology, engineering, environment, and mathematics (ESTEEM). The activities can last 5 minutes to months. Size has no importance. The positive effects do greatly.
- Will present a stand with his or her project during the two days event
- Will attend all the activities during the event
Who else can participate?
- Teacher candidate who is a student in education. A student teacher who is hoping to learn from and collaborate with passionate science educators and mentors.
- An observer is a visiting representative of a sponsor, a research institute, a government department and enterprise, an association, or management staff from a school that does not have a project to present but is interested in connecting with the innovative teachers of Science on Stage Canada.
What is the selection process for participant to SoSC6?
The proposed activity must be:
- Foster learners’ engagement in science.
The activities must be submitted. SoSC will be able to provide letters requesting funding for teachers needing assistance to attend.
- Fill in SoSC’s registration form (see Registration form)
- The selection committee will chose educators. Educators will at once be advised of their status.
- If you are selected you will be required to pay a $50 nonrefundable deposit to hold your spot.
- Your deposit will go towards the registration fee.
- $160 Educational Presenter
- $75 Student Teacher Delegate
- $250 Educational Observer
$65/night staying in residencies
Saskatoon is a city of festivals and events. There are many exciting options we may engage in as a group during the Science on Stage Festival. Possible events include the Fringe Festival, John Arcand Fiddle Festival, and the Saskatoon Exhibition. Participants may also be interested in the Remi Modern Art Gallery or a trip to a local historical landmark such as Batoche.