December 2, 2016 - 12:00 am
December 4, 2016 - 12:00 am
Put on by Canadian Light Source
There are many ways that the Canadian Light Source can support your Professional Development Opportunities to Educators. Contact us and we will work with you to bring a sessions to your professional development, conference or convention. If resources permit, the session may be in person or by remote presentation.
Some ideas of what we could do for you:
- A presentation explaining what a synchrotron is and how it works
- An overview of educational opportunities available for students and/or teachers
- What students are capable of: Case Studies of Students on the Beamlines projects
- Doing “real” science: How authentic scientific inquiry has been successful with high school students
- Presentation of research of particular interest to teachers
- Workshop drawing connections between your curriculum and synchrotron light production and/or synchrotron research
There are many ways that the science curriculum and CLS research/technology can be connected. We can plan something that will fit with your event.